Yu-Gi-Oh! New Dueling Evolution

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Realize the evolution in the way you duel with new rules, new ways to power up your duels, and new Deck Masters. The next level of dueling begins today!

For Honour and Justice

Vermillion Lancer
    Vermillion Lancer

For Honour and Justice Empty For Honour and Justice

Post by Vermillion Lancer Thu Dec 18, 2014 11:52 pm

For Honour and Justice Archer_fate_stay_night_14934261_570_428_by_redhavic-d84bosh

Name: Cormac Emiya

Race: Human

Allegiance: Ryuusei Revolution

Deck Name: Skies of Unity

Deck Type: Dragunities, focused on Synchro Summoning and using equip combos.

Deck Master: None.

Numbers: None.

Personality:  Cormac is a confident, relaxed, and determined man, almost always seen with a smirk on his face.  He tends to tease many of the other members of the revolution, regardless of their age, experience, skill, or authority compared to him, and competes with them even when he is fully aware he wouldn't be able to win.  He is capable of staying calm in almost any situation, though his overconfidence tends to cause him to take unnecessary risks.  All of his actions are based upon a combination of his own self-made code of honour and his ideal to become a true hero of justice.  Though many consider it childish, he has never given up on his dream, and would even disobey an order directly from Homura if he felt it would've gone against his code.  He joined the revolution to try and have his own utopia exist with the one Homura speaks of.  The utopia in Cormac's mind is one where all men and women can stand united and equal, one with no need for a government, no divided factions, with humanity ready and capable of facing any calamity.

Despite his ability to stay calm, there are a few things that will instantly set off his anger.  The most common of these to occur is him being called an 'old man' due to his prematurely greying hair, followed by him witnessing anyone being manipulated or lied to for the gain of another, and anyone being looked down upon by another.  

I am the bone of my sword.
    Darkness is my body, and light is my blood.
    I will master one thousand styles.
    Unaware of loss, nor aware of gain.
    Withstood pain to create true ideals.
    I have no regrets, this is my only path.
    My whole life is Honour and Justice.

This poem is the center of Cormac's code of honour and justice.  It represents him, in past, present, and future, developed during his time as a vigilante.  

Biography: Cormac was born in Ireland, and orphaned before he was even 3 years of age.  He spent most of his childhood in an orphanage, and his time there was spent either reading books or playing outside.   Although he made many friends at the orphanage, many of them were adopted and taken away from him, never to be seen again.  The only person who stayed with him at the orphanage from beginning to end was a girl named Fianna.  They were closer than anyone else in the orphanage, and couldn't be separated.  Together, from the books they read, they dreamed of one day being heroes like the ones in the book, protecting the innocent, and saving lives, being defenders of justice and honour.

When Cormac and Fianna were 10, the orphanage introduced Duel Monsters to the children there.  The game caught on quickly with the children, and became extremely popular.  Out of everyone there, Cormac, who used a deck based on Dragon-type monsters, was the best duelist, followed closely by Fianna who used a deck based on Winged Beast-type monsters.  His ace monster was Light and Darkness Dragon, which brought him victory time and time again.  Soon after this, the orphanage fell into financial troubles.  Strange men wearing suits often visited, but Cormac had no idea what they were doing there, and when he asked, the orphanage staff said nothing.

-------------------------------

Three years passed uneventfully.  The orphanage was still having financial troubles, and the men in suits came one last time.  Still having no answers after three years, Cormac went to sleep as usual.  Awoken in the middle of the night by a strange beeping, odd coloured light, and shouting, he got out of bed and rubbed his eyes, he realized what was happening.  The orphanage was on fire!  He grabbed his deck and ran out the door.  As he was running, the floorboards began to crack and the floor gave way beneath his feet, causing him to fall to the floor below, winded.  He recovered quickly, and made it outside with several difficulties.  When he was outside, he realized there were only 4 other people with him...  Three suited men, and Fianna.  When he looked closer, it looked like Fianna was injured, but not from the fire...  It looked like she had been beaten up...  The only explanation Cormac could thing of was that the men in suits had done it.  He turned around, looking for a weapon...  This was his chance...  He could finally become a hero of justice...  Even for just one person, one day...  He ran back into the burning orphanage, just as the suited men saw him.  One of them came running after him.  Cormac grabbed two short, broken, sharp-looking sticks.  When the suited man came up, he said, "Come along now kid.  It's not safe in here."

"I refuse to go with you people.  I saw what you did to my friend."  Cormac said this as tears streamed down his face, both from the heat and the thought of what they did to his friend.

"Then I guess I'll just have to force you to come with me."  The man lunged at Cormac, trying to grab him, not noticing the sticks in Cormac's hands.  This was the last mistake that man had made, as his life ended inside the burning orphanage, at the end of a stick wielded by a thirteen year-old boy.  He noticed something attached to the man's belt...  A short knife.  Abandoning the sticks, Cormac took the knife and left the orphanage, just as it collapsed.  He walked towards the remaining two suited men, with the knife drawn.  When the men saw this, they ran towards him, leaving Fianna injured on the ground.  Cormac surprised the first one with his knife, disabling him with two swift strikes, but leaving him alive.  As the final man approached, this time having his knife drawn, and knowing about Cormac's knives, the orphanage's flames burst higher, and the grass around them caught fire.  

"I won't let you monsters get away with this...  I'll make sure you feel the power of 'justice,' just like I did your friends!"  Cormac screamed as he charged at the man, but the man easily avoided or deflected every single one of Cormac's attacks, and Cormac eventually fell to the ground exhausted...  As the man walked up, his knife raised, words echoed in Cormac's mind...  

I am the bone of my sword.

Cormac sat back up, on his knees, and as the man brought his knife down on Cormac, Cormac's arms shot up and knocked the knife out of the man's hands.  "My body shall be of darkness, and my blood of light."  Cormac stood up and punched the man in the stomach, completely abandoning the knives.  "Leave me and my friend alone...  Or you'll end up live your friends."  Cormac turned away as he said this, and walked over to Fianna.  She was unconscious, so Cormac carried her to the hospital in the nearest town. Despite this, he was fast enough and Fianna died, leaving him the only survivor of the events at the orphanage.  He took his dragon deck, and Fianna's winged beast deck, and created a deck that he felt would be more powerful than any other...  A union between Dragons and Winged Beasts...  It gave him emotional strength, knowing that Fianna would be with him whenever he dueled now.  He believed his deck would rule the skies, and bring unity and freedom to a world that lacked it.

These events caused Cormac extreme emotional stress and trauma, but he overcame them by creating his code of honour for himself, and becoming a "Hero of Justice" in his own mind.  He spent the next three years of his life pursuing the ideals he created and teaching himself to use a sword so that he could become a vigilante.  He began by taking down small criminal organizations, through both dueling and killing, in an attempt to better the world.  As he got donations and money from this, he went bigger and bigger, and after 2 years, started traveling Europe to continue his work as a "hero of justice."  

Eventually he was caught at the age of 16, and imprisoned in a high security prison.  When he was caught, he denied nothing.  He admitted to everything he had done as a vigilante, and accepted his punishment: execution.  He believed that if society must punish him for pursuing his ideals, they did not deserve the justice, the unity, the freedom he desired.  He would gladly die after learning that.  But...  The day he was to be executed, there just so happened to be another prisoner in the same prison willing to change the world...  He heard a voice over the intercom...  “Immoral pigs! Listen well! This entire facility is under my command. I have unlocked the doors to your cells. What comes next depends on what you decide to do with your freedom in the next ten minutes."  The executioners immediately ran out, as they realized the voice wasn't lying.  Cormac stood up from his position, and left without a word, and immediately went to retrieve the belongings they had taken from him.  His coat, uniform, weapons, and most importantly...  His deck.  Smiling, he thought of this as some higher power's way of saying he was right, and that he should save the world himself...  Be more than just a hero of justice, and become a hero of all mankind.

Noblesse Oblige (Ignore until obtained by plot):

Last edited by Vermillion Lancer on Sun Dec 21, 2014 8:51 pm; edited 3 times in total
    Vermillion Lancer
    Vermillion Lancer

For Honour and Justice Empty Re: For Honour and Justice

Post by Vermillion Lancer Thu Dec 18, 2014 11:52 pm

D.A.S. Augment Questionnaire:

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 1:10 pm